Saturday 10 January 2009

Slogan latest...

Just got back from an amazing festive holiday with Allison's family in Pennsylvania and straight into crazy busy-ness with finishing off the interactive sculpture for this project and starting to prepare for the solo show at Peacock Visual Arts, which opens 13th Feb. If only the day job didn't eat up all my precious time...

Anyway, the residency is going great. Although I'm only getting down to the gallery space in the evenings and weekends, the time and space to focus on making stuff has been cool. I've had some good random visitors popping their heads in - the best idea i've been generously gifted so far was from a guy called Stewart who suggested I make a "giant throat lozenger". Ace.

Here's some pics of the project up till now:

pic by Jo Lyczko

pic by Jo Lyczko

It got so sweaty at the christmas party, I came in next day to find the sign i'd painted on the door had slid down! Looks cool though...



The inner frame of the interactive sculpture, I have to work on the construction in my studio at home, which has a big door and is a better place to do fibreglass work.

pics by Jo Lyczko



No comments: